Motivational speaker Jim Carroll says those looking for insights from a true master of leadership, creativity, and innovation should look no further than Santa Claus.
Here’s what we can learn from Old Saint Nick:
- He’s aware. He sees you when you’re sleeping. He knows when you’re awake. For goodness sake!
- He’s organized. He’s got a list. He checks it twice.
- He has an unblemished reputation for “delivering on the promise” and delighting the customer. With a firm deadline to hit (December 24th) there is no margin for error.
- He knows exactly what the customer wants. He received and read your letter. He excels at keeping up with constantly changing customer demands.
- He’s not afraid of hiring those who are different: Rudolph. Red Nosed. Reindeer. Enough said.
- He inspires his staff with a singular mission. They fulfill their duty with passion. They wear cool hats to remind them they’re on a team. They sing while they work.
- He has integrity as a core virtue. His leadership core is based on knowing who’s naughty and who’s nice.